Mexican Rice! I’m weird when it comes to Mexican food. Some may say that I’m picky. One thing I do like is Mexican rice, especially when I make it myself.
We were making enchilada’s for dinner the other day and I felt like we needed a side. The reason I only like things I make myself, is because then I know everything that’s in it. In my opinion, I make the best Mexican food, because I love the way I make it.
I know that may sound weird and also a little egotistical but it’s the way I feel. I only started liking Mexican when I got pregnant with Grey so this is all really new to me.
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add rice and garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Once brown, add chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt, cumin and pepper to the pan.
- Stir and cover. Let it simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until there is no liquid left in the pan. Fluff before serving.