Parmesan Ham and Pea Spaghetti
Parmesan Ham and Pea Spaghetti! My daughter Lisa has been craving peas lately and my family is a big fan of ham. I don’t usually make main courses with ham as the ingredient unless it’s the holidays. This is a quick and easy recipe that will help you get through the week and it’s cheap to make. Parmesan ham and pea spaghetti will become one of your family’s favorites!
The sauce in this dish is too die for! It’s so full of flavor that you can incorporate in other veggies to wow your crowd!
- 8 ounces (half of a bag) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the garlic parmesan cream sauce, melt butter in the skillet skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more half and half as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in spaghetti, ham and peas, and gently toss to combine.