Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps! The theme this week is Asian foods. Today on the menu is Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps. We loved how these turned out and how they tasted as leftovers too!
It has been a long week and it’s only Wednesday. Greyson is teething up a storm, which is causing him to cough and have a runny nose. It’s been sleepless nights and early mornings.
Since we are currently living with Matt’s grandparents we have been trying to eat foods lately that are a little more healthy and simple to make. Matt’s Grandpa needs to eat foods that are good for his kidneys.
This recipe is low sodium and has foods that the doctor said were okay for him to eat. Since Don loves Chinese food this was an easy choice. Try this recipe and see what you think, let us know in the comments how it worked out for you or if you have any ideas of how to make it better.
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 pieces iceberg lettuce leaves, whole
- Mince garlic. Chop cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and water chestnuts.
- Mix the ground meat until well combined with garlic, onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- Add the turkey mixture and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until cooked through (about three minutes).
- Stir in the sesame oil and keep warm.
- Combine cucumber, water chestnuts, and red bell pepper with ground turkey.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with 1/4 cup ground turkey and enjoy!