My fifteen-year-old daughter, Lisa, is a meat-eater! She doesn’t want anything fancy, just a slab of meat. When I started this quest to start making healthier dishes, I knew I would have to do a few steak recipes.
I really didn’t know how this would play out but it was a big success! My husband and I were in 7th heaven and Lisa was right along for the ride!
This is the kind of recipe that I want to share with you! A healthier choice but you feel like you just blew your diet because it’s so good! It’s a great weekday meal or perfect for the Super Bowl!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno, take out the seeds if you want less heat!
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb cubed stew meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- sprinkle of pepper
- 8 lettuce shells from 1 head
- Combine the salt, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Set aside.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the pico de gallo ingredients; set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over a high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Cook the meat over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until the meat is cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- To serve, fill each lettuce cups with 1 1/2 tbsp guacamole and top with steak and pico de gallo.
LETTUCE WRAP RECIPES