I’m always in search of new recipes that I can try on my cute family. Since we have such a large family there are tons of different favorite dishes. When I was first married I thought there were only a couple of ways to cook chicken. Boy was I wrong! That is one of the best things about doing this blog with my cute girls, getting out of my comfort zone.
This pan-fried chicken thigh dish is dancing in a creamy bacon sauce with a touch of lemon! Quick and easy recipe for skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. It sure to please the pickiest eater and impress the chefs of your family!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 strips bacon (cooked, fat drained off, and chopped into small chunks) – divided
- 5 thin lemon slices
- 2/3 cup heavy cream.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper – make sure to season under the skin too. Add chicken thighs skin side down to the hot skillet. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on high-medium heat, covered, skin side down, without flipping, checking occasionally, until the skin side is very well browned.
- Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add minced garlic and a small amount of chicken stock to deglaze the pan and cook the garlic for about a minute. Add the remaining chicken stock (1 cup). Add half the bacon (cooked, fat should be drained off, and chopped into small chunks).
- Add chicken back to the pan, on top of bacon and in the chicken broth. Arrange 5 thin lemon slices around chicken thighs – and cook, simmering, covered, for about 20 minutes, until chicken is done and is no longer pink in the center.
- After chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Remove lemon slices from the skillet – it’s very important that you remove them now, do not leave them in for the sauce otherwise it will be too sour. Add 2/3 cup heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to boil and mix everything well, scraping from the bottom. Immediately reduce to simmer, add chicken thighs back to the skillet and reheat.
- To serve, spoon some of the sauce over the chicken thighs, and sprinkle with remaining chopped bacon and chopped green onions.