Chocolate Delight! If you love chocolate, it’s one of the best desserts you will ever have!
I’m always in search of dessert recipes that make my family happy. They are a hard crowd to please and so when I find something that they love, I have to share it with you!
My daughter loves anything chocolate, so she fell in love with this recipe. We have made something similar called Strawberry Heaven, for years, so we needed to branch out a little. The bottom layer is the crust made with gingersnap, flour, and butter, the next layer is a layer of cream cheese sweetened with powdered sugar and whipped cream. Then you top it off with a layer of chocolate pudding. The crown jewel is the whipped cream and then lastly you sprinkle it with chocolate. Does that not sound good?
- 2 cups ginger snap crumbs
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz whippedcream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cool whip or whipped cream
- Vanilla Pudding Layer
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 5.1 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cool whip or whipped cream
- shaved chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all the crust ingredients together and press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding as per the instructions on the package. As noted I used 2 cups of milk instead of the 3 cups on the package instructions to get a firmer pudding.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding as per the instructions on the package. As noted I used 2 cups of milk instead of the 3 cups on the package instructions to get a firmer pudding.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the cup of whipped cream. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Let the crust cool. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Spread the vanilla pudding over the cream cheese layer, then the chocolate pudding. Spread the whipped cream as the last layer then top with shaved chocolate if preferred.