My house on Sunday is usually filled with lots of people! Nothing is better than having your house is filled with happy noises. I love hearing my boys giving each other a hard time, grandkids running around and trying to get their uncle to wrestle with them, and the girls talking about being moms. Not to mention, Lisa asking their advice on what she should wear to school the next day.
With the hustle and bustle of my home, easy dinners seem to work out the best. I used to make the traditional Roast Beef dinner on Sunday. I realized there are so many dinners that are just as easy and just as delicious!
That is when I started to love sheet pan dinners. Less prep and less clean up! You can cook for a small family to a crowd like mine!
I’m super amazed at how delicious these dishes are! I could not stop eating the cornbread dressing and the chicken is so moist! This is happy dance worthy!
I can not stress enough how happy it makes me that there are fewer dishes to do after preparing this meal! We might need to have a moment of silence to let that sink in! Seriously, my kitchen usually looks like a bomb went off!
- 2 Ciabatta buns, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 4 cups Cornbread Chunks (I made a jiffy mix)
- 1 whole red Onion, cut into chunks
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 bag of baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 whole chicken thighs
- 1 cube butter, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the bread cubes, cornbread cubes, onion, celery, potatoes and carrots on a sheet pan. Place the chicken thighs all around the pan, skin side up. Mix together the salt, pepper, sage, and thyme and sprinkle it all over the chicken, bread, and veggies. Dot the top with the butter all around the dish.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Gently stir the bread and veggies, mixing in the butter. Do not disturb the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven, stir the bread and veggies, and serve!
SHEET PAN RECIPES