1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup milk
12 hot dogs, (we had leftover batter, so we kept going)
1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
1. Preheat about 3 inches of oil to 350 degrees over medium heat.
2. While the oil is heating whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and milk.
3. In a shallow dish add the 1/4 cup of flour for dredging the hot dogs. Then dredge the hot dogs with flour and coat them completely.
4. Then dip the hot dogs in the cornmeal batter and shake off any excess batter but be sure the hot dog is completely covered in batter.
5. Drop into the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through until they are golden brown and crispy. Make sure you don’t crowd the pan.
6. Drain the oil by placing the corn dogs on paper towels. Eat up with your favorite condiments!
6 thoughts on “Easy Mini Corndogs”
These look so good! Will have to give these a try soon! 🙂
Thank you so much for linking at #overthemoon! I look forward to seeing what you share every week. Please come back for #WonderfulWednesday. Don't forget to comment your link #'s so I can be sure to visit. Pinned and shared.
These look so good. My kids will love them-pinned it. Started following on Pinterest.
I used to eat corn dogs all the time, they are a comfort food fo rme.
Thank you for stopping by to share your blog, hope that you will stop by for #OMHGFF that starts on Thursdays at 11:00AM.
Have a great week!
haha, I'm like your husband…I love corn dogs! I always get one of the giant ones from the flea market I go to. yum. I will need to try your recipe out!
confession time – I have never ever had corn dogs ! But these look cute and I could make them 🙂 Thanks for sharing with Pin worthy Wednesday