1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup milk
12 hot dogs, (we had leftover batter, so we kept going)
1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
1. Preheat about 3 inches of oil to 350 degrees over medium heat.
2. While the oil is heating whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and milk.
3. In a shallow dish add the 1/4 cup of flour for dredging the hot dogs. Then dredge the hot dogs with flour and coat them completely.
4. Then dip the hot dogs in the cornmeal batter and shake off any excess batter but be sure the hot dog is completely covered in batter.
5. Drop into the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through until they are golden brown and crispy. Make sure you don’t crowd the pan.
6. Drain the oil by placing the corn dogs on paper towels. Eat up with your favorite condiments!