My daughter, Lisa, has been begging me to make Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings for a while and finally I got around to it! I have always loved dumplings because they just scream “home”!
It’s the perfect meal with winter just around the corner. It’s so full of flavor and it’s so easy to make! This will become one of your go-to meals and your family will be begging you to make it!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish optional)
- 2 tbsp.parsley
- To the bowl of a large slow cooker, add onion in an even layer in the bottom of the bowl and place chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup and chicken broth on top. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Shred the cooked chicken with two forks. Stir in celery, carrots, peas and garlic.
- Cut biscuits into small pieces. Top the chicken mixture with the biscuits and cook on high for another hour, until the vegetables are tender and the biscuits are cooked through.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve.
SLOW COOKER RECIPES