2 1/2 pounds pork roast
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Rub spices on to thawed pork. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Put roast in pan and brown on all sides.
4. Place roast in a slow cooker and add reserved spice rub. Cook on low setting for 6 to 10 hours until the pork is falling apart tender.
5. Remove the roast from the slow cooker and place on cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes and then shred with forks.
6. Serve with your favorite taco toppings!