With a hectic week coming up Matt requested simple delicious recipes. We both love BBQ anything so we opted to make Oven Roasted BBQ Peach Chicken Thighs! Mainly because we had everything we needed right in our cupboard!
I’ve been on a chicken thigh kick. Before you all judge me for how unhealthy that is, Chicken thighs simply taste better to me. They are juicier and they are more flavorful. I’m of the opinion if I’m going to spend time making it, it better be Dang good! I have been doing more portion control and it has been working for me, so I am going to eat what I want. Anyways, this recipe is absolutely to die for! I’m not just saying that so that you try it. I mean I want you to try it, obviously, but it really is just that good!
- 3 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Peach Preserves
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 whole chicken thighs, skin on
- Olive Oil for Brushing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine BBQ, peach preserves, and garlic in a medium saucepan for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brush olive oil on a cookie sheet and place the chicken thighs skin side down on the pan. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush sauce all over the thighs, then use a spatula to flip them oven. Be careful not to tear the skin, then brush the tops with more sauce and return to the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush on sauce again and return the oven for 7 more minutes.
- Pull out one more time and turn the temperature up to 425 degrees. Brush the sauce on and roast for 7 more minutes or until the sauce starts to turn brown on the edges and the thighs are totally cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Then enjoy!