Meatball Sandwich! My Andie loves meatballs! Put it in a sandwich and you can hit a home run with a family! It’s crazy because I don’t usually get meatball sandwiches. I decided to make this for my girls and I totally loved it!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 4 hero rolls, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeno, and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Do not over mix.
- Divide into 12 meatballs and place in a casserole dish. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over a medium heat, heat oil. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. When meatballs are ready, add the meatballs. Turn heat to low and gently toss the meatball with the sauce. Add parsley. Make sure to leave on the oven.
- MAKE SANDWICHES: Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and arrange hero rolls cut side up. Place 3 meatballs on the bottom piece of each hero roll.
- Top with a spoonful of tomato sauce and a handful of cheese. Bake until bread is warmed and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.