Chicken Bacon Tostada
Chicken Bacon Tostada! How’s your Summer going? I’m loving every minute! It’s crazy because, in the school year, you feel like your crazy busy with school and extracurricular activities. Summer seems to have its own busy agenda, and sometimes it’s hard to make sure you are having family dinner.
That is why I’m all about fast and easy dinners so you don’t miss out on any Summer fun activities! You will fall in love with these chicken bacon tostadas!
Prep time is only 30 minutes and you will out the door ready for a new adventure in no time!
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 of lime
- white corn tostadas
- sour cream
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over a medium heat. Stirring until lightly browned and crisp. 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring often and scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Make sure the onions are soft, it will take about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the tomatoes in the blender. Once the onions are ready, add the tomatoes, chicken, pepper, and cumin to the skillet. Cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Warm the tostadas.
- Top the tostadas with the chicken and coleslaw. A dollop of sour cream and sprinkle the avocado chunks on top.