This recipe Rolled Chicken Saltimbocca has been waiting for about a month to make its debut! My Zac’s, birthday was in March, and when it’s one of my kid’s birthdays, we celebrate with a meal that they choose.
Of course, he goes for something healthy every time, which is a good thing because he introduces us to healthy choices that taste amazing! Let me introduce rolled chicken saltimbocca.
It’s an easy recipe that looks really fancy and will please any crowd!
- 6 chicken cutlets, pounded to evenly flatten
- salt and pepper
- fresh spinach
- 6 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto on top of each chicken piece.
- Arrange a thin layer of spinach evenly on top of the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each chicken piece. Beginning at the short tapered end, roll up each chicken piece like a jelly roll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy large skillet on a medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice, and make sure to scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan wit a wooden spoon.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken is, it might take longer.
- Place the chicken on a platter. Simmer the liquid over a high heat until it is reduced about 2/3 cup, about 5 minutes. Season the liquid with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the toothpicks from the chicken.
- Drizzle the reduced juice over the chicken and serve!