This cute little watermelon sun catcher was a hit in my son’s pre-school! It is really easy and entertaining for your little kids to help you make.
In my neighborhood we do a “play school” once a week for the kids that were almost pre-school age but didn’t quite make the cut. It was my turn last week and I of course was trying to come up with something at the last minute. My letter for the day was “W” so I thought why not make something like a watermelon. This was really easy and the kids loved squishing it around! They also felt really special that we hung them in the window. Kids are cute.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Ziploc baggies
- Clear hair gel
- Red food coloring
- Black Felt
- Cut little “seeds” out of the black felt.
- Poor a Tbs of hair gel into a ziploc bag and add food coloring.
- Next put in your seeds.
- Zip the bag shut, fold it over a few times, and secure it with tape.
- Let your toddler squish it around until the color is fully mixed.
- Hang it in a window to let it catch the sun!
Does anyone have any other great “W” themed activities? I’d love to hear them!