Sausage and Egg Casserole
Sausage and Egg Casserole! This has been a staple at my house for a long time. At first, it started out as the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning but it’s also a great way to have breakfast ready any time of the week. You need to try this sausage and egg casserole!
It only takes a few minutes the night before and then you can throw it in the oven while you’re getting ready for your busy day. It is so delicious and looks like you took tons of time being so organized!
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and cooled
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices of dry bread chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight. It will work if you leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This will be about 9 servings. If you double the recipe it will fill a 9 x 13 pan, you will need to increase the cooking time to make sure the middle will be completely cooked. You can also divide the mixture into two different baking dishes.
9 thoughts on “Easy Sausage and Egg Casserole”
This looks great! My parents make a similar casserole but I will have to give this variation a try! Thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays!
Thanks for stopping by, Merry Christmas!
This looks so good and something really handy to make as a family meal, I have fussy eaters but they would demolish this ❤
This egg and sausage casserole would be a great meal for breakfast. I like that it’s all together, less mess in the kitchen!
I love breakfast casseroles and this one looks great! It looks easy enough to make, I’ll have to try it this weekend! Thank you for sharing!
oh my goodness! so easy, will definitely be giving it a try soon.
Lianne @ Makes, Bakes and Decor
We have been making this for so many years too. It’s been a family thing for a few generations. It’s scrumptious. Thanks for linking to the #homematters linky party
This looks great! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
Your Egg and Sausage Casserole looks fantastic! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!