Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup! I don’t know about you, but when it’s cold outside, all I want to eat for dinner is soup. It’s not only one of my favorite dishes to eat but it’s also the perfect comfort food.
A few Sundays ago, we tried a new soup, chicken, and wild rice soup. I loved it! The soup is full of flavor and warms your toes at the same time.
We have made a lot of soups and I love them all but this one is so hearty!
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots- diced
- 1 cup celery- diced
- 1 stick butter- diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Once you have the rice going, in a large separate pot, melt butter over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until the veggies are slightly tender, about half way through, add the garlic. It will take around 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the vegges and completely cover them all.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Increase the heat to medium high,and bring to a boil or until soup thickens.
- Reduce heat on soup and add the chicken, and rice. Stir in the heavy cream.
6 thoughts on “Chicken and Wild Rice Soup”
That looks so delicious and perfect for colder weather!
This sounds so delicious! Perfect comfort food!
This looks so wholesome and delicious. I love a good soup when it’s cold out too. I’ll have to give this one a try!
I want to make soup everyday in the winter because I am always cold! I will definitely have to give this one a try. Chicken and wild rice is a great combo!
This soup looks so hearty and perfect for winter! So good for leftovers, too.
This soup looks delicious! I have never tried to make Chicken and Wild Rice soup but it does not look that hard! It would be great to make on a cold day like today!