Merry Christmas! Last night we made homemade pizza and Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks! Keeping up with tradition of pizza on Christmas Eve!
My family has always had the tradition that we have pizza on Christmas Eve! We had so many great traditions when I was a kid it was a blast and now that I’m an adult they only get better! This year Matt and I made pizza dough and had everyone bring their own toppings. We made our classic Mac and Cheese BBQ Brisket Pizza! Then we made these Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks! Give these a try some time and have a Merry Christmas!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Put warm water, active dry yeast and honey in the stand mixer whisk together. Let stand until it’s foamy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in olive oil, flour and salt, knead on low until the dough starts to pull away from the sides.
- Pull the dough out of the mixing bowl, grease the bowl, and then put the dough back in the bowl. Cover and set aside. Let rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the dough into a 12 inch diameter. Place on parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter with the minced garlic. Brush garlic butter mixture on top of the dough. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top!
- Bake for 15 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Enjoy with some marinara!