Happy Turkey Day! Nothing goes better with turkey than a little German Chocolate Pecan Pie!
Andie insisted she makes this pie on her own last night. I assisted in the process and it’s going the be the best! The filling is rich and creamy and let’s be honest everyone loves chocolate! Andie did a great job on her first pie! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ready-made pie crust or homemade
- 4 oz German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line your pan your pie crust and bake for 11 to 13 minutes until the pie is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce the oven setting to 350 degrees.
- In the microwave melt your chocolates, 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate is smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Then stir in the pecans. Pour into crust and bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Then return the entire mixture to the pan, whisking constantly cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut and vanilla; cool 10 minutes.
- Pour over the pie; sprinkle with pecans and then refrigerate for 4 hours or until it’s cold.