The Holidays are upon us and I have started my quest to bring you recipes that will be worthy enough for your Holiday gatherings! Everyone has their favorite recipes and it is a tradition to serve them each year but I always love to introduce something new to the table. This Broccoli & Cauliflower Au Gratin will surely please the pickiest eater!
My daughter, Andie has been begging me to start preparing more recipes that include cauliflower. This is full of flavor and cheesy goodness and would be great as a side dish or all by its self.
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Romano cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of Ritz crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking dish and then add the broccoli, cauliflower, and onion. Roast until slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour. Remove from heat and whisk in the half and half, then place back on the heat and keep whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat add the cheese, salt, pepper, and whisk until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the broccoli mixture from the oven and pour the cheese mixture over the top. Gently stir to coat the veggies. Sprinkle evenly with the Ritz crumbs and bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.