Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
It may be a little late to be getting a beach body but here is a recipe to help you maintain or get a late start! Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Carrots.
Matt says we don’t eat enough vegetables, so I’m turning over a new leaf. We had veggies every day last week, he claims lettuce doesn’t count as a vegetable so broccoli and carrots. We had a lot of carrots in our fridge. I am trying to clean out our pantry and fridge of things that are going to go bad. Give this side a chance and let us know what you think.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the top of the vegetables and then sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Serve hot.