Sweet and Sticky Chicken! I can’t believe how busy life can be! It feels like you are going 90 90 all day and then you remember you have to feed your family! I love, love one-pan meals! That is why sweet and sticky chicken casserole is on my favorite list!
When the whole family is together, we have different tastes going on and it’s hard to find something that everyone will love! This dish seemed to please the pickiest eater!
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 chicken legs
- 4 Tablespoons molasses
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch plus 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an 8 x 8 oven proof dish, layer your veggies.
- In a small bowl, combine molasses, ketchup, honey, maple syrup, and all the seasonings. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the liquid mixture to the chicken and coat chicken well. Place the chicken and the sauce you used to cover the chicken, and top the veggies. Place butter pieces on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce in a small pan and bring it to a simmer. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture to the simmering sauce and bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer.
- Add the thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
17 thoughts on “Sweet and Sticky Chicken”
This looks so yummy and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Pinning! Found your post at #MerryMonday
A triumph as always girls!! My mouth is watering! 🙂
OO this looks so dang good! I’d enjoy it.
Yum i like that its quick easy and looks good!
This chicken dish looks simply incredible. Sounds like something I need to make very soon!
Wow, we love eating chicken! I will try this, looks so delicious!
Oh my word this looks delicious! Definitely got to try making this!
Omg Looks soooooo yummy! Definitely will be saving and trying in the future! Thank you for sharing!
This sounds like a great casserole to make!! I think that my family would love this for dinner one night!
I don’t eat chicken but I know my family would love this casserole. Will make this for them this week.
Wow! Thankyou for this post!! I want to make this as soon as possible. Thankyou for sharing this recipe, I can add it on my list this coming Christmas holiday! 🙂
This looks and sounds really good, I’ll be trying this
This is the perfect food for the Holidays! I would love to keep the recipe. The chicken looks so tasty and packed with amazing flavors!
That’s a lot of good flavors packed in one delicious dish! The recipe is easy to follow and the dish is very festive, perfect for the Holidays!