Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
We love our spaghetti in this house. I hate only cooking for two people because it’s hard not to have a ton of leftovers. Stuffed Chicken Parmesan was the perfect dinner for the two of us.
Italian is hands down my favorite food. I am one of those people who finds what they like on the menu and I get it every time, this way I am never disappointed.
I think the worst thing in the world is going to a restaurant and spending 60 dollars just to be let down. Once you find something delicious why not stay safe. I used to only ever eat Alfredo, but I have branched out.
Matt always makes me try new things, since then at Olive Garden (one of my favorite restaurants) has shown me the wide world of Italian food. One of my new favorites is chicken parmesan, however, making it stuffed was incredible.
You can never go wrong with more cheese. Tell me I’m wrong, I dare you. I will need the statistics. Stuffed Chicken Parmesan is going to be a family staple at our house, we loved it! Make sure you serve it with broccoli and angel hair pasta.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups creamy vodka marinara
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Salt chicken with the desired amount then cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Stuff the pockets with the mozzarella cheese, then press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate dishes. Be careful about your pocket, dip the chicken into the flour, shake off the excess flour. Then dip it in the egg then the bread crumbs. Cover the entire chicken.
- Heat a large pan to medium with the oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides. Then place 2/3 of the marinara evenly on the bottom of the baking dish. Place the chicken on top. Top with remaining marinara, then sprinkle the parmesan and basil on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.