Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies! My thirteen-year-old loves cookies and she loves the neighborhood Sip’n! Every time we go to Sip’n, she has to order a double chocolate cookie, and being Lisa’s mom, I felt like I was being challenged to find a perfect substitute for her cookie obsession! Introducing the double chocolate brownie cookies!
If you are a chocolate lover, you will love this cookie! The perfect combination of soft and chewy!
- 4 ounce baking chocolate- unsweetened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave, it will probably take about 1 minute. Stir and let cool.
- Mix together the sugar and butter in a large bowl until totally combined. With the mixer on low, slowly drizzle in the chocolate. Mix in the eggs one at a time, and then vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and stir it together. Add it to the butter mixture, and mix well.
- Scoop generous tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes and the cookies are puffy and set. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.