Cheesy Mac and Cheese Soup! My obsession with soup continues today with cheesy mac and cheese soup! I have several mac & cheese lovers in my house and they would pick that for dinner almost every night, so why not put it into a soup?
To be honest, I didn’t know how this would turn out as a soup but to my surprise, it was amazing! When you combine it with the little cheese croutons, it will become one of your favorites!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, 8 ounces
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Italian bread, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente, drain.
- Meanwhile, butter pieces of bread, and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of bread. Preheat broiler.
- In the same pot, melt 3 Tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook; stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the soup, broth, 1 1/2 cups water, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in the cheeses until melted. Stir in milk, Worcestershire and pasta; heat through.
- CHEESE TOAST: Broil until cheese is melted. 1 to 2 minutes.