Easy Apple Spice Cake
Easy Apple Spice Cake! My favorite time of year is here! I love Fall and everything that comes with it! The leaves haven’t changed colors all the way yet around here but I just can’t wait. There is also certain things that fit perfectly in the Fall season and one of those flavors is easy apple spice cake!
I love to do fancy recipes but I also love when you can take a couple of short cuts and still impress the crowds! This is what this recipe is all about, quick and easy!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, ans set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients with mixer and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a light touch bounces back. Let the cake to cool completely, and then add the frosting.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts. Add the milk, bring mixture to a gentle boil, then pour into a mixing bowl and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well, Add additional powdered sugar as needed if the mixture is too thin. Spread onto the cake. Enjoy!
8 thoughts on “Easy Apple Spice Cake”
Simple yet tasty! My favorite!
Pinned! This looks so yummy 🙂
Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com
This recipe reminds me of my dad. He LOVED a spice cake and I always made him one on his birthday in October. Looks DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing with #overthemoon
Hey there Lou Lou Girls! This looks absolutely FANTASTIC!! So ‘Fallish’ 😉 I’m SO ready to begin the season, and this will get it off to a fantastic start! Thanks for sharing this ♥♥♥ #smallvictoriessundaylinkup
Sounds so good and perfect for fall! Thanks for sharing at our Tips & Tricks Link Party!
My Life by Jess
I love apple cakes! I’ve pinned it! Thank you for this yummy inspiration!
Aw…thank you for stopping by!
This looks yummy, and sounds like it would be easy too. Saw it featured on Wonderful Wednesday link-up.