My favorite time of year is here! I love Fall and everything that comes with it! The leaves haven’t changed colors all the way yet around here but I just can’t wait. There is also certain things that fit perfectly in the Fall season and one of those flavors is easy apple spice cake!
I love to do fancy recipes but I also love when you can take a couple of short cuts and still impress the crowds! This is what this recipe is all about, quick and easy!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, ans set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients with mixer and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a light touch bounces back. Let the cake to cool completely, and then add the frosting.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts. Add the milk, bring mixture to a gentle boil, then pour into a mixing bowl and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well, Add additional powdered sugar as needed if the mixture is too thin. Spread onto the cake. Enjoy!