This Unicorn Sandwich post is sponsored by Nature’s Harvest® Bread and Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks, but all opinions are 100% mine.
I can’t believe school is going to start NEXT WEEK for us! I’ve already been getting calls about soccer practice and I’m starting to feel anxious about everything we’re going to have to do this school year! I have 3 kids in school and it’s going to be crazy! With piano, soccer for all 3, dance, gymnastics, scouts, and swimming plus homework and school time it’s going to be quite the adjustment from the fun Summer we’ve had.
I’ve been thinking hard about balance lately. I want my kids to be well-rounded, but I also want them to have time for family and fun! I don’t want them to be over-scheduled, but I want to prepare them for the future as much as I can! It’s a hard thing to do, but we’re trying our best!
School lunch is also a balancing act for us. I want my kids to have nutritious meals that will fuel their little minds and bodies, and I also want options that are fun for them and easy for me to pack up quickly!
Last year we discovered Nature’s Harvest® Bread and my kids really love how soft the bread is. They don’t even know that it has whole grains in it and I love that there are no high-fructose corn syrups or artificial colors or flavors!
I also love Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks because they’re the perfect treat to quickly throw into their lunch boxes! I feel my kids’ lunches are the perfect balance between healthy and fun when they have both Nature’s Harvest® Bread and Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks in their lunch boxes!
One of the things I remember most from my childhood was the fun lunches my mom would send us to school with. She always tried to make us feel special and loved, either by sneaking a note or jokes into our lunch boxes, or by cutting our sandwiches into cute little shapes, there was always a fun surprise waiting for me when I opened my lunch each day!
I’m trying to carry on the same tradition with my kids, so every once in a while I like to make their lunches extra special by creating cute characters out of bread!
My girls absolutely LOVED this fun Unicorn sandwich! It’s easy to do too!
Here’s what you’ll need for your Unicorn Sandwich…
- Nature’s Harvest® Bread, I used the 100% whole wheat and Honey Wheat.
- Shredded carrots
- 1 blueberry
- 1 strawberry
- 1 slice of cheese
- Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks
- Any fillings you want. I think PB and J would be great for this!
- Cut bread out with scissors. First cut out two rounded triangle shape for the main part of the face.
- Make your sandwich with the two rounded triangle pieces and whatever fillings you want!
- Cut out a circle for the nose.
- Cut out a triangle of bread for the horn.
- Cut two mini triangles for the ears.
- Use shredded carrots to create a ‘mane’ on the unicorn.
- Cut a blueberry in half and use it for the eyes.
- Thinly slice a strawberry for the mouth and the unicorn horn.
- Make a sun out of the cheese slice.
- Create clouds with Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks S’mores muffins.
Your kids will be so happy and surprised to see this cute Unicorn sandwich creation in their lunch boxes this school year! And, if they don’t love unicorns, here’s a fun caterpillar sandwich we made with Nature’s Harvest® Bread last year!
If you love this Unicorn Sandwich idea please pin this image to share with your friends!