Buttercream Ruffled Wedding Cake
Rustic Buttercream Ruffled Wedding Cake idea! This cake is actually very easy to make but makes a huge statement.
I was lucky enough to make a beautiful wedding cake for a beautiful young lady I used to have in my Young Women’s group (an LDS church group I was the President of). She settled on this beautiful buttercream ruffled wedding cake and I was so glad because it’s super easy to make!
We have a few tutorials here on Lou Lou Girls for basic cake making. Since I didn’t take pictures of the process I’ll do my best to explain…
- Start by lightly frosting your cake with a crumb coating, but don’t let it dry!
- Use a large Wilton Rose tip to create the ruffled look.
- Start at the TOP of the cake and slowly rotate the cake on a turntable while piping the frosting on.
- Make sure the big part of the tip is pointing down.
- Continue to overlap the layers, slowly going DOWN the cake, so there is a ruffling effect. If you start at the bottom the ruffle wouldn’t flare out.
Easy right?! Repeat process with each tier! We topped this beautiful cake with Baby’s Breath.