Rustic Buttercream Ruffled Wedding Cake idea! This cake is actually very easy to make, but makes a huge statement.
I was lucky enough to make a beautiful wedding cake for a beautiful young lady I used to have in my Young Women’s group (an LDS church group I was the President of). She settled on this beautiful buttercream ruffled wedding cake and I was so glad because it’s super easy to make!
We have a few tutorials here on Lou Lou Girls for basic cake making. Since I didn’t take pictures of the process I’ll do my best to explain…
- Start by lightly frosting your cake with a crumb coating, but don’t let it dry!
- Use a large Wilton Rose tip to create the ruffled look.
- Start at the TOP of the cake and slowly rotate the cake on a turn table while piping the frosting on.
- Make sure the big part of the tip is pointing down.
- Continue to overlap the layers, slowly going DOWN the cake, so there is ruffling effect. If you start at the bottom the ruffle wouldn’t flare out.
Easy right?! Repeat process with each tier! We topped this beautiful cake with Baby’s Breath.