Sometimes I feel like I might go crazy… I mean, 4 kids are a lot of work! Who’s idea was this anyway?! I love my kids more than anything and they’re so fun, but I wasn’t prepared for the amount of work I would be doing every day just to keep my children alive and clean. I know every mom out there is shaking her head in agreement!
We had a very lazy July so when school started this month it was a real shock to our system. We actually had to wake up early and be ready before 8 o’clock! Plus, we had to provide nutritious meals for our kids 3 times a day… plus snacks!
And then there’s piano, soccer, dance, swimming, gymnastics, and scouts… Don’t get me started! I was about to lose my sanity until I started getting organized! I’d love to say I’m not stressed now, but that’s not true. I’ve just reduced the stress a little!
Here are my top 5 Sanity Saving Tips for Busy Moms!
- Get organized by creating a color-coded calendar! It doesn’t need to be Pinterest-worthy. It just has to make sense to you! I use a different colored sharpie to represent each of my kids and their activities. This helps me to see who is busy on which days. I check it every morning before school and that helps me prepare for the day.
- Set clothes out the night before. I’m not just talking about school clothes. For example; If your child has a soccer game or practice, set out soccer uniforms with socks, shin guards, and cleats. This applies to piano too, get all the books ready, the check that needs to be given to the teacher, etc… This ensures that the kids help prepare with you and also gives you more time to find the lost soccer sock or clean the jersey that was shoved under the bed after the last game…I’m speaking from experience here, folks!
- Get snacks and lunches ready the night before! Fill a bag with water bottles and healthy snacks for dance practice. Not only for the kids, but for you and the baby too, or whoever might need nourishment while taxiing kids everywhere! Nature’s Harvest® Bread is a great option for quick and easy PB & J’s because every type of bread has at LEAST least 8g of whole grains or more, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial colors or flavors! So you can feel good about your kids’ lunches! You could also throw in some Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks for the kids too, they’re perfectly portioned snacks that your kids will love! Their little lunch boxes will be perfectly balanced!
- Take time for yourself. I know you’re thinking what time do I have? Leave the mess on the floor if you have to! I’m slowly learning that no matter how hard and long I clean, the kids are still going to find a way to mess up the house. They’re good kids, but that’s just life. People have to eat, dishes get dirty, clothes get soiled and countertops always need another wipe down. Ignore what you can and take a bubble bath, read, or do yoga. Whatever relaxes your mind and makes you feel calm again!
- Enjoy your kids! Sometimes we get so busy with activities and chores that we forget why we even had kids in the first place. I had kids because they’re stinking adorable and they say the funniest things…if you listen. So sit down and color with them, read to them, play with slime, do whatever you need to do to enjoy them. It makes it all the hard work worth it!
I hope these 5 sanity-saving tips for busy moms help a little. I’m not perfect, and I don’t always follow my own advice. But when life gets too busy these are the things that help me the most!
Oh, and don’t forget to enter the Life of the Lunchbox™ $10,000 Savings Bond sweepstakes sponsored by Nature’s Harvest® Bread and Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ snacks! They have teamed up to bring your family healthy lunch options and fun snacks to become the ‘Life of the Lunchbox’!!
Also, if you’re looking for fun sandwich ideas using Nature’s Harvest Bread and Entenmann’s Little Bites click on the pictures below…
Leave your best sanity saving tips for busy moms in the comments! I’d love to hear how other people balance their busy schedules!