Homemade Flour Tortillas are actually pretty easy, and so so good! The best part is, you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry! You could make these today without even having to run to the store!
My husband and I made these last Sunday and used them in an Enchilada Casserole. It added a lot of goodness to the casserole that store-bought tortillas just wouldn’t have done!
4 C flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 TBS lard
1 1/2 C water
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the lard with your fingers until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
- Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
- Now enjoy your homemade flour tortillas!