The breakfast of champions goes to Apple Strawberry Oatmeal Casserole. This is my most favorite breakfast!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I do not love breakfast. I have to be in the mood to eat breakfast, so my breakfast is usually a Diet Pepsi and a banana. In an effort to be more healthy I have decided I need to eat breakfast more regularly. One thing I can handle is oatmeal, in fact I love it. This recipe is actually quite healthy. When I go running in the morning it’s easier and I feel much better if I eat breakfast first. If I don’t run in the morning then I have a hard time doing it at all. This was my most favorite breakfast! It gives me the added energy I need without making me feel weighed down or gross. Give this a try!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour half of this mixture into the prepared pan. Top with half of the strawberries and diced apples. Pour the remaining oat mixture on top of the fruit and then finish by layering remaining fruit on top.
- In a bowl whisk together egg, honey, milk and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over top of the fruit and oats in the pan. Shake the pan slightly to make sure it is evenly spread out.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the oatmeal is set and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!