I love cinnamon and brown sugar, whether it’s in muffins, cupcakes, you name it I love it! Luckily, so does my cute hubby!
I was going to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast the other day but I didn’t get up in time so I decided to make it into muffins and I was hoping it would do the trick.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
Topping and Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease all 12 cups in the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients for the cake batter, until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Combine the topping/filling ingredients. Gently fold half of the mixture into the muffin batter.
- Spoon batter in until 2/3’s full, top with leftover brown sugar topping. Press down gently into the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Whisk together all the frosting ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the muffins.