Skip the take out – this Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe is so good that you’ll put it on the permanent rotation. Chicken is coated in a sweet and sticky sauce and baked to perfection.
I love Chinese food, but when it’s made at home it’s a thousand times better! This turned out to be the best sweet and sour chicken I have ever had! We have been trying all the Chinese places in town trying to find one that we like. They all taste greasy and make me sick. Homemade Chinese is the best thing ever! Enjoy this recipe!
Sweet and Sour Chicken
3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed into 1-inch pieces
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
For the sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray cooking spray
on a large baking sheet and set aside.
2. Season your chicken cubes with salt and pepper then dip the chicken cube, in batches, in cornstarch. Set aside on a plate and continue until all chicken has been coated in cornstarch. Pop the plate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. When ready, heat up a large skillet with 1/4 cup of canola oil. While the oil is heating up, dip the coated chicken in the egg then cook your chicken until browned but not cooked all the way through.
4. Place your chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce then pour evenly over the chicken.
6. Bake chicken for one hour and during the baking process. You’ll need to turn the chicken in every 15 minutes. Basically, just shuffling it around and re-coating with the sauce.
7. Serve immediately with rice and steamed veggies.