The other day my neighborhood friends threw me a baby shower and it was so much fun! Since this is my second baby though, I already had the stuff from this list so they gave the next best things, adorable clothes (cause cute babies can never have enough!) and gift cards! Those are honestly the perfect gifts for second baby showers, I think, because then the mom can get whatever she might need, but here is a list of my top ten gifts from my first baby shower for those of you shopping for first time moms.
1. Shopping Cart Hammock: This thing is awesome! I just got one and I am super excited because grocery shopping with a little babe in a GIANT carseat means you can only fit about six groceries.
2. Diaper Pail: A diaper pail is great because it blocks out the scent from the diapers and makes it so you have to make less trips to the garbage can.
3. Swing: This is a baby must have!
4. Play-gym: Another baby must have!
5. Nursing Essentials: If you know the momma-to-be will be nursing, hook her up with some of the things she’ll need because it’s hard to know until you’ve actually done it before. You could also easily turn this into bottle feeding essentials of course! (i.e. Nursing pads, lanolin, nursing cover, nursing cami, boppy pillow, etc.)
6. Hospital Essentials: Help her out with everything she might want at the hospital! (i.e. slippers, robe, nightgown with matching baby outfit, travel pillow, etc.)
7. Swim Time Essentials: Taking baby’s swimming is so much fun so get that baby ready to go, especially if it’s summer! (i.e. Swimsuit, towel, baby sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, etc.)
8. Bath Time Essentials: This is something the baby will be doing every day so it’s definitely a necessity. (i.e. infant tub, hooded towels, washcloths, robe, soap, shampoo, toys, etc.)
9. Bed Time Essentials: Just think, if you’re the one who gives the baby the only blanket that will put him to sleep, momma is going to LOVE you forever! (i.e. blanket, jammies, stuffed animal, books, lavender lotion, binky, etc.)
10. Mom Recovery Items: The baby shower isn’t just for the baby, help momma out with some things she’ll want after the baby is born. (i.e. comfy clothes, bed pillow, book, free babysitting, slippers, etc.)