Another winner from our Valentine’s Dinner. I’ve always thought cannoli’s sounded so good and so delicious. Italian people have the right idea when it comes to food.
I think I want to go and visit or even live there. Ever since I could remember I’ve wanted to go to Italy and Greece. Anyways, Matt was so awesome and helpful with these cupcakes.
He made 60 homemade mini cannoli’s to top these cupcakes with. They were delicious! This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.
1 3/4 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup whole milk
3 cups fresh Ricotta, drained overnight
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
2. In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar. Then add eggs and yolks, one egg at a time until well blended. Mix in the vanilla.
3. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Next, add in the flour and milk alternating until it is blended.
4. Fill the cupcake tins until they are 3/4’s full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the cupcakes cool mix together the ingredients for the Ricotta filling. Core the cupcakes and fill them with the ricotta filling.
6. Whisk together the ingredients for the frosting and pipe on each cupcake.
7. Decorate however you want. Matt made mini cannoli’s for these. Enjoy!