Another winner from our Valentine’s Dinner. I’ve always thought cannoli’s sounded so good and so delicious. Italian people have the right idea when it comes to food.
I think I want to go and visit or even live there. Ever since I could remember I’ve wanted to go to Italy and Greece. Anyways, Matt was so awesome and helpful with these cupcakes.
He made 60 homemade mini cannoli’s to top these cupcakes with. They were delicious! This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.
1 3/4 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup whole milk
3 cups fresh Ricotta, drained overnight
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
2. In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar. Then add eggs and yolks, one egg at a time until well blended. Mix in the vanilla.
3. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Next, add in the flour and milk alternating until it is blended.
4. Fill the cupcake tins until they are 3/4’s full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the cupcakes cool mix together the ingredients for the Ricotta filling. Core the cupcakes and fill them with the ricotta filling.
6. Whisk together the ingredients for the frosting and pipe on each cupcake.
7. Decorate however you want. Matt made mini cannoli’s for these. Enjoy!
15 thoughts on “Yummy Cannoli Cupcakes”
I LOVE cannolies! These are not only super cute, but they look delicious! Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories
Looks decadent! Thanks for sharing with us at #OvertheMoon link up. Have a great day!
Hi, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Birthday Food over at Carole's Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the Birthday fun. Cheers
I can't wait to make this over the weekend for my father… He is going to freak out! -Jerusha, ThePositiveYear.com
These are adorable and they look yummy!
Oh mercy, with ricotta in them these have to be wonderful! Pinning to my personal boards and Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Thanks so much for joining us. 🙂
Yum I love cannolis so much these look fantastic! I'd love to make these for my birthday to enjoy myself of course! Thanks for sharing found this post at Home Matters link up!
Thank you for the fabulous recipe.
Have a blessed weekend!
Thank you for joining TOHOT.
Think I just died, these look amazing! Thanks for linking up to Friday Frenzy : )
OMG these look delish! Thanks for sharing this at our weekly Best of the Blogosphere linky party over at MerlotMommy.com.
OMG these look Delicious! I'm going to try them out this weekend! thanks so much for sharing at funtastic friday!
Oh man, do those look good!! Pinning them to try for sure! 🙂
I adore cannoli. It's my favorite dessert by far. Congrats, you're featured this week at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party on Organized 31.
WOW! Those look amazing!!
Just stopping by to let you know this awesome post was picked as a feature on the #HomeMattersParty. You can find it featured at http://adventuresfrugalmom.com/home-matters-linky-party-80/. While you are there make sure to grab the I was featured button for you side bar.