Raspberry Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares!
Pretty sure my new favorite flavor is rhubarb, I will have a rhubarb plant when I am older! I know Matt will be in. These turned out fantastic!
We took them to our Matt’s brother’s homecoming and they were a hit!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon table salt
3/4 cups cold butter, cubed
3/4 cups slivered almonds
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound fresh rhubarb chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
2 (6 oz.) containers of raspberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE BATTER
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Cut butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or cutter, until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Press into the bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan, greased. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2. For the filling, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large saucepan. Stir in the rhubarb and one container of raspberries. Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and remaining package of raspberries.
3. For cheesecake topping beat cream cheese and sugar in a kitchen-aid until smooth. Then add one egg at a time until well blended. Add the lemon juice, beat until blended together well.
4. Spread the Raspberry-Rhubarb filling over the top of the crust. Then gently spread the cream cheese mixture over the of the fruit filling.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for an hour and then cover and chill for 4 to 8 hours. Cut unto bars.