This simple summer time cake is a sweet little rendition of everything summer with a moist delicious citrus cake and a double dose of strawberries.
I’m loving this season so far! What is it about Summer? Everything feels so bright, fresh, and new! I have mentioned before, but every Sunday, We have dinner with all our kids.
It’s a perfect time to try new recipes and get honest answers if it’s a hit or a miss. Trust me, my husband will not let me put something on the blog unless he thinks it’s worthy!
But you know how families are, everyone has different tastes and usually, not everyone will love everything, but this they did! With the flavor of citrus and fresh strawberries, your mouth will be in its happy place.
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup sour cream
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the sour cream, lemon juice, orange juice, and vanilla. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix well.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine until smooth.
- Pout the batter into the pan and make sure it’s even. Bake on the center self for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the toothpick come out clean. Let completely cool.
- To make the topping, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake and scatter sliced strawberries on top, or cut pieces of cake and then put whip cream in between layers with sliced strawberries. Top it off with the whip cream and strawberries to complete your masterpiece! Either way, it’s amazing!