Strawberry Lemon Muffins
I’ve been on a baking kick lately. These were a fun Saturday morning treat the kids and I made while my hubby and his friends were working on putting the sprinkling system in our yard.
It was raining and I knew that they would want something warm and cozy to snack on. Plus, let’s face it, I love any reason to bake. It’s a hobby really.
Strawberry Lemon Muffins (printable recipe)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 small lemons, completely zested
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar crystals or clear sprinkles (you can use regular sugar, but I like the way the sugar crystals look)
- lemon zest
Strawberry Lemon Muffins
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan; set aside.
- Chop and rinse the strawberries and let them sit out to dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together the egg and 1 cup of sugar until it forms a paste. Add 1 T. of lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Add the sour cream in 2 additions, stirring until just combined.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Don’t over mix.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour over the strawberries, toss to coat, fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin pan. About 3 tablespoons of batter per muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- While muffins are cooling. Mix together 1/4 cup of the sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat in a small sauce pan until the sugar is dissolved
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar crystals or sprinkles with the remaining lemon zest.
- Dip each muffin into the melted sugar and lemon mixture, then dip into the sugar crystal and lemon zest mixture.
14 thoughts on “Yummy Strawberry Lemon Muffins”
Yummy these look so good! I made strawberry muffins a few weeks ago but haven't tried them with lemon! Pinning for sure!
We just went strawberry picking. This looks so good. Stopping by from Friday Flash Blog.
These Strawberry Lemon muffins look so amazing! They would be perfect to treat a mother for breakfast. I would love one anytime with my coffee.
These look absolutely fantastic Jessica and thanks for sharing them at the Say G'day party! All are pinned and look forward to seeing you next Saturday!
These muffins will be great for strawberry season!
My daughter works at a strawberry farm and I am always looking for new strawberry recipes. I am going to make this one for sure. Thanks for linking up this week at #HomeMattersParty hope you link up again next week.
Jessica, these look amazing and I have everything to make them. It's a rainy day here, so I think strawberry lemon muffins are going to be our afternoon baking session. Thank you so much for the recipe – pinned and tweeted!
And thank you for linking up at the Thank Goodness It's Thursday party. I'm choosing your mouth-watering muffins as my feature for the week!
I'm tooootally going to make these for the In-Laws! Winning! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
This looks amazing!! Pinned for later!
These look delicious, thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings
OMG! those look fabulous! We are so glad you shared this yummy recipe with us at Merry Monday. We look forward to seeing your creativity again.
Anything with strawberries gets me smiling. Yummy! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday! xo
What a great Strawberry Muffin. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week.
Come Back Soon!
Oh my yumminess! Can I just move into your basement? HAHA! These look amazing. Pinning!! Thanks for linking up to Tips & Tricks! We can't wait to see what you link up this week. 🙂