Low Fat Strawberry Cheesecake! A healthy recipe for creamy cheesecake full of fresh, juicy strawberries.
At our house, we LOVE cheesecake! And because of that fact, we are always trying to find new variations of the classic.
I was listening to the Today Show when I was working on the blog and they talked about making cheesecake with 1/3 of the calories and the taste was amazing! I heart skipped a beat because that sounded like heaven to my ears. I set out to make this recipe happen.
I used the Today Show’s recipe as the basis of our recipe and tweaked it a little.
Seriously, this tastes amazing and your family will totally fall in love with it and the best thing, it has fewer calories! Get ready to be amazed!
Ingredients: click to print
1 cup skim ricotta cheese
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
pre-made graham cracker crusts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese and cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add egg whites, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and cornstarch and blend until completely mixed.
- Fill your pre-made graham cracker crusts with cheesecake mixture, and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the mixture looks firm and starts to crack a little. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries or any kind of fruit that your family loves!!