At our house, we LOVE cheesecake! And because of that fact, we are always trying to find new variations of the classic. I was listening to the Today Show when I was working on the blog and they talked about making cheesecake with a 1/3 of the calories and the taste was amazing! I heart skipped a beat because that sounded like heaven to my ears. I set out to make this recipe happen. I used the Today Show’s recipe as the basis of our recipe and tweaked it a little.
Seriously, this tastes amazing and your family will totally fall in love with it and the best thing, it has LESS calories! Get ready to be amazed!
Ingredients: click to print
1 cup skim ricotta cheese
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
pre made graham cracker crusts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese and cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add egg whites, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and cornstarch and blend until completely mixed.
- Fill your pre made graham cracker crusts with cheesecake mixture, and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until mixture looks firm and starts to crack a little. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries or any kind of fruit that your family loves!!