DIY Mountain Modern Baby Gate
Right next to the top of our stairs we have a loft area that we are going to turn into a playroom for our little one year old. (PLEASE feel free to share ideas for it!!!) Because it is by the stairs though, we knew we needed a baby gate.
We didn’t want just any old baby gate though since it would most likely be a permanent thing until we were out of the baby stage. Ben came up with the idea for this and I got super excited!
We didn’t really take step by step photos for a formal DIY explanation, but I’ll do my best to explain what he did.
1. First he cut and welded the outer frame.
2. Then he measured the wood pieces, sanded them, and then stained them. (I helped with the staining… go me!)
3. Next he created a backstop for the wood with a piece of metal and screwed the wood to it.
4. He then screwed the hinges and the lock to the metal with self-tapping screws.
5. We marked the spots we wanted it to hang on the wall and then screwed the hinges to it.
6. Next we painted and hung a piece of wood to the wall for the other side of the lock. (we put the lock on the back side so the little ones can’t figure out how to escape!!)
7. Finally, he screwed the end of the lock to the wood and we were done!