Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
When we were visiting Matt’s grandpa and grandma last week. His grandpa asked us if we could make him enchiladas.
Since I don’t love Mexican food, I went with the mildest Mexican. I’m all for easy recipes that anyone can do. Also, I love making things from scratch! This turned out to be amazing! I believe everyone enjoyed these! Click here
for the printable of this recipe!
2 pounds of Chicken Breast
1 medium onion diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 limes squeezed
8 (8 inches) flour tortillas, Softened
1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
20 oz. Chicken broth
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can be chopped green chilies
1. Place chicken, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
2. After the chicken is done cooking shred the chicken. Separate the chicken equally between the 8 tortillas. Place the cooked onions from the crockpot into the tortillas. Put about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese in the middle. Roll them up and place them in the pan, seam side down.
3. In a pot melt butter and put the flour in and create a roux. Then slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Last add in the sour cream and chilies.
4. Pour the sour cream mixture over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.