Sugar Cone Tea Cups
I’m getting so excited for spring and Easter! Everything seems so new and fresh and outdoor activities are endless. I have always loved having picnics with my kids and tea parties with my cute girls!
Last month, I was asked to do a food demonstration at enrichment night. I was thrilled to be asked but didn’t realize how big of a task it was going to be since Zac’s wedding had been two days before! I never can do just one thing, so I always make it a harder task than it has to be. I’m a little crazy!
I was so excited to make these because they are so darn cute and I love the idea that you get to eat the whole thing! The best thing is there is no baking! Can imagine serving this at a bridal shower, baby shower, or fun tea party with your cuties.
- Keebler Fudge Stripes cookies
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- ice cream sugar cones
- circle pretzels
- chocolate candy melts
- FYI: Have everything unwrapped, cut, and ready to assemble. This will make it so much easier to put them together.
- Cut the sugar cones to 1 1/2 inches. Use a serrated knife, and slowly saw back and forth to avoid breaking the cone. Make sure the cone’s seam is on the bottom and not where you are cutting the cone. I broke a couple at first but once you get the hang of it, it’s easy.
- Using your serrated knife, slowly cut your pretzels to make a circle handle.
- Place your chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30-second intervals and stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Start with the cookie and then put a dab of the melted chocolate in the center.
- Place an unwrapped mini peanut butter cup on top of the chocolate that is on the cookie.
- Put the cut ice cream cone on top of Reese’s cup. I took a little extra chocolate and dabbed it inside to seal the seams.
- Dip the ends of the pretzel cut off edges and attach it to the side of the ice cream cone. You will need to hold it in place for a few seconds so the chocolate will set.
- Fill it with your favorite filling. We made pudding but it would taste amazing with cheesecake! This tastes best served the same day as the day you prepare it.