This is a great dessert
for any occasion! The lemon marmalade
we made yesterday went perfectly! It tasted just like a lemon head. We flipped could decide if it looked better in the ramekin or flipped out. You can serve it any way that you would like! Give it a try!
1 cup lactose whole milk (but any type of milk will work)
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pour 1/2 cup of milk into a medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let sit until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk continuously until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from the heat and cover and let sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Bring cream mixture back to a simmer and Add the gelatin mixture and stir until everything is smooth.
5. Divide among ramekins. Chill uncovered until panna cotta is set, at least 6 hours. Do Ahead of time. it can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Cover and keep chilled.
6. Using a small sharp knife, cut around the edges of the panna cotta. Place the ramekin inverted on a small serving plate and allow the panna cotta to settle on to the plate.