This is a great dessert for any occasion! The lemon marmalade we made yesterday went perfectly! It tasted just like a lemon head. We flipped could decide if it looked better in the ramekin or flipped out. You can serve it any way that you would like! Give it a try!
1 cup lactose whole milk (but any type of milk will work)
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pour 1/2 cup of milk into a medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let sit until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk continuously until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from the heat and cover and let sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Bring cream mixture back to a simmer and Add the gelatin mixture and stir until everything is smooth.
5. Divide among ramekins. Chill uncovered until panna cotta is set, at least 6 hours. Do Ahead of time. it can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Cover and keep chilled.
6. Using a small sharp knife, cut around the edges of the panna cotta. Place the ramekin inverted on a small serving plate and allow the panna cotta to settle on to the plate.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.