Homemade Lemon Marmalade
My husband is a little crazy and he loves to try new things. He made this lemon marmalade so he could use it on his toast. It tastes like lemon heads. Don’t tell him I said that though. It’s really good! I love that I come home and he has made up his own new recipes! It’s fun to try new things, so you should give this a try!
2/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 Lemons)
Zest of 3 lemons (no pith)
1/4 cup of water
2/3 cup sugar (this makes it tart, if you want sweeter then go with a cup)
1. Zest the 3 lemons, it should be about 1/3 cup. Set aside.
2. In a pot bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil and add zest. Boil for 5 minutes and then strain.
3. Using freshwater bring to a boil again and add strained zest to the water and boil again for 5 minutes and then strain. Allow to cool.
4. Juice the lemons until you get about 2/3 cup. Filter out the seeds and pulp.
5. Mix lemon juice, water, and sugar in a pot on medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Then add the lemon zest, simmer until it is reduced to 2/3 cup. About 10 minutes. Stir often.