It was Cooper’s Birthday and I was lucky enough to make Smash cake! I decided on the first cake that he should have a banana cake because it’s amazing!
Made into a Dinosaur cake because he growls more than any other one-year-old I know! Since one of my cakes broke we got to eat one and it’s absolutely fantastic!
1 1/2 cups bananas, ripe, mashed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 9×13 pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
4. In Kitchen-aid mixing bowl, cream butter, and the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the eggs one at a time until mixed in well. Add in the vanilla.
6. Mix in flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
7. Stir in the banana mixture, pour batter into prepared pan, and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow cooling completely before frosting. I like to put mine into the freezer and let it freeze before I frost it.
I won’t lie, Matthew, frosted the light green frosting. He used a hot wet knife to smooth the frosting. It looked awesome!!