This year is so crazy busy so I am going to have to start doing more crock pot dinners! They are fast and less mess, which is super convenient since Matt and I are so busy. So I went to the store to buy boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, you can also use boneless skinless breasts, but I accidentally got chicken with bones. After 4 hours on low this was falling apart so it was awesome!!
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless thighs
Salt and Pepper
1 1/4 cup honey
2/3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2/3 cup diced onion
2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Put the chicken thighs in the crock pot and salt and pepper the tops of them.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion, and sesame oil in medium sized bowl. Whisk together until mixed well. Pour into the crockpot over the chicken.
- Set the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours.
- After the chicken is done, remove and shred into chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together some cold water and a teaspoon of cornstarch. Whisk into the sauce and thicken it up a bit. Put the chicken back in the crock pot and cover with the sauce.
- Put chicken on top of hot white rice. Then sprinkle sesame seeds on top!!
Try this out you won’t be sorry!!