Every August, my husband’s family has their family reunion at the local swimming pool. It’s Lisa’s favorite day of the year because the family has the pool to their selves! What’s a family reunion without food? It’s just not possible! This was a crazy day. Andie had softball games in Heber and it’s 45 minutes away from our house, the family reunion and Andie was performing with the Drill team at the football game!
I wanted to make sure my family was represented in the pot luck and this was our contribution. My niece’s husband described them as “everything plus the kitchen sink!” So rich and divine and well worth the calories!
Cookie chip cookie layer:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
5 to 8 Butterfinger bars
8 ounce whipped cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cover a 8×8 pan with tin foil with a overhang on each side. Spray tin foil with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cookie Chip Cookie Layer: Melt butter and let cool. Add brown sugar and mix.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix. Add in flour and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Reserve 1/4 of the cookie dough mixture.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into pan and spread evenly. Place Butterfinger bars side by side on top of the cookie dough.
- Cheesecake layer: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top. Crumble remaining cookie dough and sprinkle on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes. It will looks firm. Remove from oven and let completely cool. Placing them in the refrigerator will make it easier for you to cut them.