This Best Apple Cake Ever is super moist and delicious with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice!
Fall reminds me about apples and everything you can do with a nice, crispy apple! I have never made an apple cake and I am sure glad that I did!
My husband, Michael could not stop eating this delicious cake. It is so easy to make but it will be a showstopper at any party!
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups peeled and finely chopped apples
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and cover with a coating of flour.
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and orange juice. Once it is combined well, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix well. Fold in the apples, coconut, and almonds into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Shortly before the cake is done, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, stir in the sugar, buttermilk, and baking soda, and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the hot cake in the pan as soon as you remove it from the oven. Let stand 1 hour, then turn out onto a serving dish.