Pesto Pea and Asparagus Pasta! It’s rich yet light, with a simple and creamy pea and asparagus pesto that melts into this pasta like a clinging sauce.
In the summer, nothing tastes better than something that is light and fresh. So many fresh vegetables to choose from.
My husband, Mikie loves asparagus and I love peas, so this was a perfect combination of flavors! It doesn’t take long to cook, so you can enjoy the beautiful summer nights.
1 package of your favorite noodle, cooked as directed on package (I used Linguini)
1 cup packed fresh parsley
1/2 cup packed mint leaves
1/3 cup almond halves
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups frozen peas
1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Prepare pasta according to the package.
- In a food processor, combine parsley, mint leaves, almond halves, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper, until almost smooth.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup olive oil and then 1/4 cup water and mix until smooth.
- When pasta has 4 minutes left to cook, add asparagus. Then, 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add frozen peas. Drain.
- Pour the cooked pasta into a large bowl and pour pesto on top. Toss pasta mixture and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Top with Mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.