Have I mentioned how much Lisa loves Chocolate chip cookies??? Right now that is her favorite treat. I was going to make my husband his favorite Raisin cookie and she thought if I was making her dad, “his favorite”, I should make her favorite! I had a weak moment and I made both cookies for my spoiled my family!!
I have already posted one recipe for chocolate chip cookies but like any other recipe there is so many variations. https://www.loulougirls.com/2013/12/11/best-chocolate-chip-cookie-ever/
You be the judge, of what recipe is “drool worthy’!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 cups flour
1 package chocolate chips
* You can add 2 cups chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with a non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and then slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Roll cookies into golf ball size. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.